Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Crafty Fun

 I'm working on a couple of pillows for my bed.  I've never been a "lots of pillows" sort of gal, but I'm having a bedroom makeover. 
 This is my new handbag finally finished.
 I put a shorter handle than I normally do - for a change, and used a buckle loop that I haven't used before.  I also tried one of the twist and turn closures.
 I'm very happy with the result, and have been strutting my stuff at work this week.

My cousin sent me a box full of Camelias which was a lovely treat.
I did happen to catch the cat having a sip from the water they were floating in!

 These lovely jonquils are from my garden.  They are popping up everywhere and show such signs of promise for Spring Time.
 I did finish this little crotched basket a few weeks ago - a bit of fun.
 Now I had a request from my last post to talk more about this quilt and how I made it.  When I went to take a photo, look who I found sitting comfortably upon it!!
 Here's a close up of one of my quilted pillows.
 To be quite honest, I've had this quilt "on the go" for such a long time, that I have really forgotten how exactly I put it together.  I know that there was no pattern involved.  I just had all my favourite Amy scraps, and wanted to make a big, snuggly quilt, one school holidays last year.
 I remember putting the quilt top together quite quickly.  I had to keep adding bits to the edges to keep making it just a little bit bigger.  Then I decided to hand quilt it.  I did some quilting early on, and then it got folded and tucked away.  When I got it out a few weeks ago, I realised I'd done quite a lot, and that I should just get on and finish it, so that's what I did.  Now I'm thrilled with the finish, and that's why I'm going all out with the extra pillows.  I'll take another photo when they're all done.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Loved this post Annie. The story behind your new quilt and cushions is great. You should be very proud of your new bag, it's gorgeous, love the fabrics and your label. Great work.

Jan said...

Nice to see your new bag at school today,Annie, it looks great and is so roomy too. The quilt is gorgeous and so is the new cushion - I think it will inspire me to drag that print out of the drawer and do something with it at last. Have a great week.

Patsy said...

Thank you ! I do love the pillow and the lovely fabrics. The quilt is so nice , you make great hand bags and you do inspire.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You are an inspiration dear Annie. I also have been making some changes in my little cottage.

Enjoy your week ~ FlowerLady

Quiltedtime said...

Your butterfly pillow is exquisite.

I think your cat has claimed that lovely quilt for its own. Good luck convincing her otherwise.

Sue Walker said...

Nice work Annie, love the blue thing.

Diane at My Cottage Garden said...

Wonderful crafts and creations! Glad the kitty enjoys them as much as you do.