Sunday, March 16, 2014

Autumn Joy

 I was so pleased today to spend some time in my garden.
 I've been so very busy with the Quilt Show and all it entailed that my garden was getting left behind.
 . . . and now the season has changed, and it's Autumn and the days are getting cooler.  The colour is beginning to turn in the trees.
I lost my very special canary who I called "Pretty Boy"
He got sick and after a few days, I held him in my hands and while I was talking to him . . . he shut his eyes and died. I buried him in the garden. 
 I'm enjoying the Autumn Flush of Roses
 . . . and this beautiful Clematis goes right over the top of the bird aviary.





One of the great pleasures of Autumn, for me, is this lovely Sedum
Autumn Joy

10 comments:

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I wondered what the vine was on your aviary. I've never seen a clematis quite like that, I thought it might be a jasmine. It's beautiful, as are all your flowers. I love seeing that pure blue Autumn sky, too.

apiecefullife said...

Your garden looks lovely Annie and haven't we had some welcome rain?

Susan said...

I was sorry to read about "Pretty Boy" Annie. He had a lovely home with you.
Beautiful photos of your flowers. Our gardens seem to know how to get on without us when we're busy don't they.
Cheers now :D)

Locket Pocket said...

Sorry to hear about Pretty Boy but it's touching that he died peacefully in your hands. I love how your aviary blends into your garden with all the clever planting. Xx

My Five Sons said...

Im so sorry to read about your feathered friend,its breaks me to lose my companions.on a bright note your garden is looking beautiful

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Annie, I'm so sorry to hear about little Pretty Boy. What an honor though that he spent his last moments with you. Your flowers are just gorgeous!

Quiltedtime said...

I know so well what it's like to try and help a little friend fight for his life, then lose him. So sad, but he is a well and complete angel now.

WendyBee said...

Autumn? oh---right, different hemisphere and all....
I'm sorry about Pretty Boy, what a tender moment that must have been. And mysterious, how does one know what ails a bird?
Your flowers are unfailingly lovely.

Sue Walker said...

Oh no, pretty boys wasn't that beautiful browny coloured one was he? How sad Annie. I have lost 5 in 2 weeks not sure what is happening but hope it's settled down. Your flowers are lovely try and just sit this weekend and have sometime to yourself in that beautiful garden of yours.

JB said...

Sorry to hear of Pretty Boy's demise. He must have known you cared. Your garden is looking beautiful as always.