Monday, January 27, 2014

"That's all Folks"

 It's a sad day around here . . . holidays end at midnight!
I did pack a punch into the time off though, and I guess I'm ready to go back to school tomorrow. This quilt was put together at a quilt workshop last week with this clever woman.
 Still need to sew my rows together . . .
Back in "quilting mode" I was inspired to get a wriggle on with this quilt that I started "lots" of years ago.  I just want to finish it now.

It's lucky I have a sewing room to leave all my "stuff" out because . . .
 tomorrow . . .
It will be all AusVels, Meetings, Assessment, Planning;  my medium will have changed from FABRIC, to PAPERWORK
 
It had to happen - I'll just have to go to bed early and remember to cut my lunch

11 comments:

Math Tutor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Doesn't it feel great to finish up something started years ago?

I love the second quilt.

Glad you had a great holiday and got to quilt and play in your gardens.

Have a nice week back at school.

FlowerLady

Locket Pocket said...

What a shame you have to go back to work - isn't it frustrating when there is so much else you need/want to do!! Lucy x

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- sorry the fun has to come to an end. It looks like you got some wonderful quilting time in though. Hope you had a good first day back!

Quiltedtime said...

You definitely have my sympathy.

Jan said...

Lovely quilts, Annie. Hope your first day back is going well.

Sue Walker said...

Oh you guys all work so hard when term is in I do not blame you for wanting to be at home! I am half wanting holidays to end half really enjoying being able to do things around the house there is not time for in school term. Gorgeous quilts!

Rita @The Crafty Expat said...

Hello Annie!
I imagine it would be so hard to go back to work, especially when you have such great projects going on, but I hope you had a good day today.
My parents are now back to Canada and I’m just getting back into the blogging world today. I’d like to wish you a Happy New Year 2014 filled with everything you want and love. All the best! And, looking forward to follow your blog this year too!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh Annie, I like them both SO much!! Hurry back home and finish them. ;)

aunty said...

oh annie! thinking of you XAF

ARTwendy ... said...

love your work Annie .... those greens with punches of red .... awesome .... & the court house blocks! unreal banana peel xo