Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sunshine after Rain

My Garden is a constant source of forgiveness and love.
We have had SCORCHING temperatures here this last week, but despite it all, my plants have managed to get through and show their splendour

 When I got back from my holiday, I was delighted to see this Lilly in full flower. . .and so glad there was still a couple to open.  I bought them at a Farmers Market months ago.  Bulbs are such a reward for patience. 
 Hollyhocks coming up OUTSIDE the rocks . . . hmm, could I be moving those rocks again?
 My Pierre deRonsard was saying "photograph me! each flower, pick me pick me," as I went snap, snap, snap!
It was hard to resist as they were all so beautiful.
 
 Tiger Lillies coming soon
I know I'm not supposed to have favourites, but . . . Double Delight gets me every time.  She is just so delicate.
So, after a scorching day, we did have some drops of rain last night and lots of electrical storms . . . not good for fires, but . . .
my garden was smiling this morning and that makes me happy.

13 comments:

Andi said...

One of these days I'm going to invite myself over to admire your garden. It looks so beautiful!!
I'll bring the bikkies xx

Quiltedtime said...

Gardens give so much more than they ever receive.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Annie, you make me smile - you are so obviously happy to be back at your patch of earth! I don't blame you a bit - it is gorgeous.

Susan said...

It's a credit to you that your garden is still doing so well in these hot conditions. Beautiful flowers.

apiecefullife said...

Lovely photos Annie. See you tomorrow....

Locket Pocket said...

Your flowers look delightful - especially the Pierre de ronsard rose, I love that! X

Thimbleanna said...

Wow, it's amazing that your flowers can survive the kind of heat I've been reading about. They're beautiful!

WJB said...

Lovely flowers annie We need some of that gentle rain up here

Jenny said...

Glad your garden is still happy after those horrid scorcher

Marlene said...

Garden looks great Ours not so good after 5 days of 45 Marlene

Anonymous said...

scorching down there?!?
you just missed 47.3 49.2 46.4 48.8
up north
XF

Unknown said...

Love your garden and the sewing is a bit wow factor,when I eveually finish my Degrees there ll probably be no kids left at home,lol and then i can get through that fabric stash.The dresses are beautiful too

Sue Walker said...

I loved the Tiger Lillie's Annie, very nice to see your again again yesterday it's different every time I see it! I have been searching for interesting mesh ideas...... :)