Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New School Pants

 This holidays has seen me flirting with Garment Sewing.
I've never been any good at it, but like all things, when you do it a few times, you gain more confidence.  Thanks Mum for always encouraging me!!
My mum actually found an old pattern amongst her treasures and used a pair of pants that I had, to make a "Just for Me" pattern.  This was the result.
The next pair I'm going to be very adventurous and put pockets in, like my recent dresses I've been making. 
 I'm sure Nelly thinks that I made the table mats "just for her" to lounge around on.  She loves to be anywhere close to where we are.
I DO just LOVE her.
XX

10 comments:

JB said...

Those pants look very comfortable! Well done. I am a pockets person and am sure they will prove a useful addition to your "Just for you" pattern.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh Annie you inspire me! I used to make most of my clothing, but I quit. I'd much rather make quilts. ;) I need to get back to the garments.

apiecefullife said...

You have been so busy these holidays! All your lovely new clothes! and lovley new quilt today. Thanks for coming.

Jan said...

Nice strides, Miss Annie!

trash said...

Bwahahaha...hv spent too long in UK obvs bc I read yr title and giggled. In the UK pants only means undies!

Andi said...

Fancy pants!!

Thimbleanna said...

Very nice pants! I love clothing sewing. Soon you'll have a whole new pants wardrobe LOL. And Nelly is a little cutie!

Unknown said...

Pants look Great on a You! I've never been a clothes sewer always Admire one that can.

Quiltedtime said...

Nelly IS lovely. Any cat with white feet and tummy is tops on my list.

I love the tucks in the front waist of your slacks. That has got to be so comfy.

WJB said...

Well done Annie with the sewing.